top of page

Energy Assistance

Tennessee 2-1-1

One of the easiest ways to get help is by dialing 2-1-1, Tennessee's community services help line.  When you call, you'll get a real person, one who is trained to help you sort out your needs, and then give you telephone numbers and addresses of the closest places where you can get help.  2-1-1 has a database of more than 10,000 health and human services programs, cross-referenced for all sorts of keywords.  So don't worry if you don't know what type of service you need or the name of an agency, just talk with the specialist at the other end of the line and she or he can help you find what you need.  All calls are free and completely confidential.  Additional information can also be found at their website here.

Other Local Agencies

United Way

405 S. Armstrong St. Suite B

Rogersville, TN  37857

Telephone:  (423) 272-7379

Hawkins County Neighborhood Service Center

904 E. Main St. Suite 1

P.O. Box 401

Rogersville, TN  37857

Telephone:  (423) 272-2830 or (423) 272-9061

(Regular applications are accepted during the first two weeks in August for heating assistance)

Church Hill Community Chest

P.O. Box 366

Church Hill, TN  37642

Telephone:  (423) 357-6161

Online Application 

(Only Church Hill residents may apply)

Mount Carmel Community Chest

P.O. Box 1557

Mount Carmel, TN  37645

Telephone:  (423) 357-5468

Online Application

(Only Mount Carmel residents may apply)

Greater West Carter's Valley Community Chest

P.O. Box 1238

Church Hill, TN  37642

Telephone:  (423) 357-5662

(For West Carter's Valley area only)

bottom of page